This is such a delicious Summer Salad, I can’t get enough of it!
Nectarines are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and are abundant in antioxidants, so at a mere 55 calories, they are a fantastic option to liven up your salad.
And even better – it’s such an easy recipe to make…
- 3 whole Nectarines
- Mixed Salad, such as water cress and Rocket
- Parma Ham (smoked tastes especially nice!)
- Fresh Basil
- Red Peppers
- Baby Mozzarella Balls
- Olive Oil
- Mix all your normal salad items in to a big bowl – Watercress (note below about why watercress is a MUST!), Rocket, Chopped Red Peppers, Cucumber, and Fresh Basil.
- Whip up a quick salad dressing (or buy a tasty one if you’re cheating!) For this I just whisked together Dijon mustard, vinegar, honey, a dash of sugar and a dash of mango juice for fruity sweetness.
- Then, cut your nectarines in to about 6 pieces and drizzle with a little olive oil. Grill the cut-side down for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway so they have pretty grill lines on them.
- Meanwhile, add the Parma ham and Mozzarella to the top of the salad, and dress.
- Finally, place the beautiful grilled nectarines on the salad, and voila! Lunch is served.
Hope you enjoy!
PW Pantry x
p.s. In case you’re wondering why I always use Watercress… I will tell you on my site!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes
Latest posts by PWPantry (see all)
- Grilled Nectarine, Parma Ham and Mozzarella Summer Salad - February 15, 2018
- Peanut Butter & Poppy Seed Cookies - February 1, 2018