I tried to recreate one of my favourite Spanish dishes, but without the heavy, glutinous, creaminess of rice, and this turned out to be a delicious alternative for anyone wanting a grain free / paleo / dairy free / gluten free option…
In this recipe I used mainly seafood (mussels, prawns, calamari) and chorizo, but you can add any of the traditional ingredients like pork or chicken pieced to bulk it up.
- 1 Chopped spicy chorizo
- 1 Large pack of prawns
- Coconut Oil & Olive Oil for Cooking
- 2 Red onions
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Red Pepper
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 10 baby tomatoes
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of peas
- Large pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- Heat a pan and fry the chopped chorizo for about 5 minutes until it is starting to brown then set aside
- In another pan, fry the chopped red onion, chopped garlic, and sliced red pepper (length ways looks better!) Once they all start to soften, add some paprika, salt, the stock, white wine, the tomatoes, and let it simmer.
- Whilst that is simmering (and hopefully slowly reducing down in volume) cut up the cauliflower head into chunks. You can pop it VERY briefly in the food processor but make sure it doesn’t for too long or it will get too small (and then soggy!) I actually prefer to just cut very finely and leave larger chunks.
- Now pop the prawns in a pan and let them cook for a couple of minutes in olive oil each side, then add them to the set aside chorizo.
- Pop the Cauliflower Rice in to a hot pan of Coconut Oil, stir for a few minutes with some black pepper. Then pour the reduced down Tomatoes and Onions mix on top, with the meat on top of that and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Give it all a mix around and simmer for a few more minutes…
- All ready to go. Just serve it up on plates, arranging the prawns on top and serve with a slice of lemon!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes
Latest posts by PWPantry (see all)
- Grilled Nectarine, Parma Ham and Mozzarella Summer Salad - February 15, 2018
- Peanut Butter & Poppy Seed Cookies - February 1, 2018