My boyfriend’s favorite dessert is cheesecake so I have been trying to work out a way to make a healthier version as an occasional treat. Most recipes have overnight soaked nuts (who has the time…) or a list of ingredients that you wouldn’t have in your pantry, so I tried to create a delicious alternative that was easy to do…. Hope you enjoy!
This healthier cheesecake is raw, paleo friendly, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and no bake required, so even better..! It still has the same creamy feel but without all the refined sugars and fats.
For the “biscuitty base”:
- 1 Cup of Raw Almonds
- 7 Large Medjool Dates
- 1/3 Cup of Desiccated Coconut
- 3 tbsns Coconut oil
- 2 tspn of Vanilla extract
- Big Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
Mix all the together ingredients in a MagiMix then press 2 tablespoons of the mixture into little pots/a large muffin tray. Pop it in the freezer whilst you make the topping.
For the “Creamy Cheesecake Filling”:
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of macadamia nuts
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Squeezed Lime Juice
- Grated Rind of 1 Lime
- 6 tbspn of Honey
- 2 tspn Vanilla Extract
- 6 tbspn Coconut Oil
- 2 Limes for Decoration & Zest
- Blend up everything in your Nutribullet then pour on top of the nutty bases. Put the tray back in to the freezer for 3 hours.
- About 10 minutes before you want to eat them, take them out of the freezer. Squeeze a bit more fresh lime over them and decorate with lime.
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com Check out her site for more great recipes!
Latest posts by PWPantry (see all)
- Grilled Nectarine, Parma Ham and Mozzarella Summer Salad - February 15, 2018
- Peanut Butter & Poppy Seed Cookies - February 1, 2018