This recipe pairs the Thai flavours of lemon grass, sesame, and fragrant herbs with the rich, full flavours of the salmon, on a delicious healthy bed of grains and greens, but is easy to quickly whip together for a quick weeknight meal.
- Whole side of Salmon (or however you wish to buy it)
- Edamame Beans
- Quinoa / Bulgur Wheat / Cous Cous… Whatever you prefer.
- Fresh Lemongrass (tough outer layer removed and finely chopped – or from a jar!)
- 3 tbspn of Sesame Oil
- 5 tbspn of Soy Sauce
- Big dash of Fish Sauce
- Fresh Chillies (chopped)
- Spring Onion
- 2 x Red Onion
- 1 x Lemon
- Coconut Oil
- Greens – I used broccoli, Spinach and Kale but again, whatever you have around!
- Red Peppers
- Sun dried Tomatoes
- First things first, heat the oven to about 200’C
- To marinate the Salmon, simply add the lemongrass, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, fresh chillies, spring onion and lemon to the salmon which is placed in tin foil and leave it to rest for as long before cooking as possible… about 2 hours makes it even tastier if you can.
- Wrap up the tin foil into a parcel around the salmon, and Pop it in the oven.. it should be done in about 25 minutes.
- While that’s in the oven, cook the Quinoa & Bulgur Wheat, and once ready mix together with lightly fried (in coconut oil) red onions and red peppers.
- Next step: Blanch the broccoli, spinach and kale for a couple of minutes to soften. In a separate pan fry the sundried tomatoes and some more red chillies in coconut oil, and when soft add the greens and mix it all around – it adds some Asian taste to the winter greens.
- Make a bed of the greens and grains ready to put your salmon on when it’s ready from the oven.
- Now for 2 minutes boil your edamame beans, and these can be added on last.
- Serve with a few more sprinkled spring onions or lemon to garnish – enjoy!
This recipe comes from PwPantry.com checkout her site for more great recipes
Latest posts by PWPantry (see all)
- Grilled Nectarine, Parma Ham and Mozzarella Summer Salad - February 15, 2018
- Peanut Butter & Poppy Seed Cookies - February 1, 2018